Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week 3


 

I thought week three would be busy but it turned out that it was even more exciting then I imagined.


The week started off normally, 


We had a super fun swimming playdate with our friends Sasha and Annalise on Monday night.



I had my friend Kristin over for dinner and we scarfed down a "happy birthday"apple pie! YUM!  



Wednesday was really memorable. In the morning, Mia and I had some special time together at gymnastics and on our weekly adventure to Mercado with Sofie and Shereen. I had bought the girls matching skirts, so they were really cute dressed as twins!


In the afternoon, Aiden and I went on a date to see "Room on the Broom,"a children's musical based on a book we read quite often. We went with our friends Amira and Nader and had a pretty fabulous time.  We munched on popcorn and Bounty bars (and made quite the mess in our seats) and then Amira even surprised each boy with their favorite Ben 10 toy (the latest super hero among little boys!) We finished the day off with ice cream...which
Aiden couldn't finish (THIS should have been my first clue that the week was going to take an ominous turn!).
    
Aiden fell asleep almost as soon as we arrived home (also perplexing)...that night he was up every two hours in pain...but seemed okay the next day.

Thank goodness he was, because on Thursday it was his big graduation from nursery!  He did an incredible job performing with all of his classmates. They sang "Zoom, zoom, zoom," "Elephants Have Wrinkles," and "Shake Your Silly's Out."  Then his teacher handed out superlatives...Aiden got "Best at Arts and Crafts!" SO proud.

Mia, Aiden and I went to Reeve and Scarlettes for our afternoon playdate and after playing with their marble tower and the Wii, Aiden put himself to sleep on their couch...(Clue #2 that this week was going down hill fast!)


Thursday night, he was up every hour with insane stomach pain (think labor!) Three of my friends came over to offer motherly support (thanks Lisa, Sara and Kylie) but we were all pretty perplexed by Aiden's behavior.  He would wake up in these delirious spells, curl in a ball and scream in pain. (Again, much like a woman in labor!) At 2am, I decided to call a taxi and take him to City Hospital.

Our hospital adventure certainly kept us busy...we got to drink nasty medicine, pee in a cup (Aiden did this rather well!) and then the most exciting part was taking an x-ray of Aiden's abdomin...Dr's ruled out UTI but couldn't come up with much else besides constipation...I'm still not sold.  We headed home in a taxi (actually kind of fun at 4:30am).  The nasty anti-spasm medicine seemed to work (although it's Dubai, so not quite sure whether it's safe for kids...need to check on that!)  Thanks to Gracie, Aiden and I got to sleep in until 8:30am. She's a saint!


We spent the weekend being lazy...we watched "Mary Poppins," baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, built tents, did puzzles...Aiden suggested we cut a whole in the wall, put a log in it and light it on fire to make our own chimney (like in Mary Poppins)...I had to explain why that might not be the best idea, but good that he's using his imagination!

We also worked on a Fathers Day signs for daddy, and I spent time working on a "Gotcha Day" painting for our good friends, Bill and Donna (they are finalizing the adoption of their baby boy as we speak!!  We can't wait to meet baby William!)

On to week Four...here's hoping there is more sleep involved!  Happy Fathers Day Michael (and Grandpa)!!!!  WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. How did you do all that is 1 week? You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete