Wow! Another week is over...how did that happen? We were relieved to know that Michael got to his location safely! He was flown on an itty bitty Indiana Jones type plane and with several delays due to scheduling and sand storms, he finally made it! Unfortunately he arrived with no hearing (did you know that ear plugs are to protect your ear drums from the pressure AND NOT because of noise?) and with no luggage...eek! Thankfully both his hearing AND luggage arrived on Tuesday.
Our household has been hustling (Mia's been doing most of the hustling) and bustling...We had another full week! Mia and I had a beach day on Monday with our friends. We met up with Mia's BFF (Sofie) and little Leila. Of course, you think you're doing something wonderful for your child and they'll be ELATED...Mia on the other hand decided she HATED sand and felt just as strongly about the waves...we spent most of the morning washing her hands...but I did get a great pic of the girls during a few happy moments:)
We celebrated Meamaw's birthday on Wednesday with a playdate at our friend Nadar's house...with 10 kid running around there was a lot of commotion! They all got to eat dinner on a blanket while watching the movie "Cars." It was the end of the movie, you know, when "Chick" slams into "The King" and "Lightning McQueen" stops and pushes him to the finish line, and Aiden looked at me and said "when I look at "the King's" crumpled body, it makes me want to cry!" Be still my heart! We ended the day with a call to Meamaw and even though we couldn't Skype, the kids still held happy birthday signs up to the computer as if Meamaw could see them:)

Aiden had Medieval Times dress up day at School on Thursday! He was a Knight (along with most of the boys in the class.) I think we had one Medieval Fairy, a Snow White a couple of other Disney Princesses and an army! He looked great in his costume and I was relieved that he liked the shield I made him...few!
The week ended with a lazy Friday spent with our BFF's Grace, Neve, Kieran, and Carol. We went to Fatburger, took apart our house, colored, played in our TeePee and had dinner over at Carols. Her Pasta with Pesto is the BESTO!!
We also had a BUSY Saturday, baby shower in the morning, swim lesson in the afternoon and birthday party in the evening!! By the way, Happy Birthday Uncle Dan!!!
On a personal note (isn't this whole thing personal?), I started doing Pilates in addition to my TRX classes which has been really good for my back and my spirit!! Hooray. I need all the help I can get lifting a 51 lb four-year-old and a 28 lb two-year-old...
ALSO I got to go to Quiz Night (we won!) book club (no I didn't read the book but will next time, promise!) A baby shower (congrats Kellie!) And went to see "Whose Line is it Anyway?" (British cast--not American) with some friends! So fun!

Finally, one of my favorite moments this week was when I was skyping with Michael. I decided to do a painting for my friend Kellie (who is adopting 2 children from Ethiopia) and wanted to give it to her at the baby shower. I was painting and Michael was surfing the web while we were skyping...we were talking and doing our own things and every so often I would show him the painting and ask his advice...as if he were next to me. He stayed up late just to help me finish my painting, what a guy!! And even better, it felt like he was right there!!! I can't wait to find more projects we can "do together!" Loved it!

Aiden had Medieval Times dress up day at School on Thursday! He was a Knight (along with most of the boys in the class.) I think we had one Medieval Fairy, a Snow White a couple of other Disney Princesses and an army! He looked great in his costume and I was relieved that he liked the shield I made him...few!
We also had a BUSY Saturday, baby shower in the morning, swim lesson in the afternoon and birthday party in the evening!! By the way, Happy Birthday Uncle Dan!!!
On a personal note (isn't this whole thing personal?), I started doing Pilates in addition to my TRX classes which has been really good for my back and my spirit!! Hooray. I need all the help I can get lifting a 51 lb four-year-old and a 28 lb two-year-old...
ALSO I got to go to Quiz Night (we won!) book club (no I didn't read the book but will next time, promise!) A baby shower (congrats Kellie!) And went to see "Whose Line is it Anyway?" (British cast--not American) with some friends! So fun!

Finally, one of my favorite moments this week was when I was skyping with Michael. I decided to do a painting for my friend Kellie (who is adopting 2 children from Ethiopia) and wanted to give it to her at the baby shower. I was painting and Michael was surfing the web while we were skyping...we were talking and doing our own things and every so often I would show him the painting and ask his advice...as if he were next to me. He stayed up late just to help me finish my painting, what a guy!! And even better, it felt like he was right there!!! I can't wait to find more projects we can "do together!" Loved it!
That shield is pretty impressive! Good work!
ReplyDelete